The benefits of Pilates are:
- Builds core strength and stability
- Improves posture and alignment
- Increases flexibility, balance and coordination
- Improves muscular balance and strength
- Increases endurance and muscular tone
- Prevents injury and heightens body awareness
- Enhances athletic performance
- Relieves stress and back pain
Strengthening the stabilizing and postural muscles is key in Pilates. Pilates doesn't just build strength in the large muscles, but works deeper to the smaller muscle groups. By strengthening the stabilizer muscles, Pilates exercises improves stability and this in turn helps to improve balance. Improved balance and stability will help prevent future falls and possible fractures or injuries.
One Body Pilates & More teaches the STOTT PILATES method of Pilates. STOTT PILATES is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates. The founders of STOTT PILATES along with a team of physical therapists, sports medicine and fitness professionals, have spent more than two decades refining the STOTT PILATES method of exercise and equipment. This resulted in the inclusion of modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation, making it one of the safest and most effective methods available.
The differences in STOTT PILATES vs. weight training:
- Pilates is three-dimensional (i.e. exercises can be performed using all movement planes)
- Spring resistance more closely resembles muscular contraction
- Emphasis on concentric and eccentric contraction for injury prevention – customizable for special needs
- With Pilates exercise, emphasis is placed on rebalancing muscles around the joints
- Pilates corrects over-training and muscle imbalances that lead to injury
- Pilates emphasizes balancing strength with flexibility (for injury prevention and more efficient movement)
- Stott Pilates exercise leads to an improvement in posture and body awareness
- Weight training and Pilates can be combined in a fitness program and are a great complement to each other
One Body Pilates & More is conveniently located close to the following communities: Branson, Indian Point, Stonebridge, Reeds Spring, Cape Fair, Galena, Lampe, Blue Eye, Crane, Shell Knob, Kimberling City and Branson West.
One Body Pilates and More
One Body Pilates & More is located in Branson West. Offering classes in Pilates, Barre, and more.
Pilates is one of the fastest growing exercise disciplines because of the benefits that can be obtained by everyone from the elite athlete, to the "I want to get in shape again" client, to the post-rehab or pre-surgery clients. Pilates exercises help men and women develop optimal strength, flexibility, endurance and posture, without building bulk or stressing joints. Pilates is the perfect compliment to cardiovascular exercise, athletic training or rehabilitation and helps to tone the muscles in your body, to feel revitalized and move with ease.
11016 State Hwy 76, Ste. 10, Branson West, MO 65737 — in the Claybough Plaza
Google Maps link
Owner / STOTT PILATES Fully Certified Instructor
Cindy began attending Pilates exercise classes in 2008 to expand her exercise routine to include a workout that would benefit her joints since she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. After a few short weeks of participating in the Pilates classes Cindy was impressed with the results of her Pilates exercises. Cindy has found Pilates has strengthened and toned the whole body, delivering improvements in balance, range of motion, flexibility, posture, abdominal strength and decreases in back, shoulder and neck pain as well as decrease in joint pain due to strengthening the muscles around the joints and movement of the joints.
Two years later Cindy decided she needed to share the benefits of Pilates with others and became a fully certified STOTT PILATES instructor. Since receiving her full certification, Cindy has gone on to receive certification in Core Barre and attended classes on Active Isolated Stretching. Cindy continues to attend continuing education courses to continue to improve her knowledge and bring new activities to her clients.
Cindy graduated with a BS in Accounting from Missouri State University in 1995. She also enjoys walking, kayaking, scuba diving, water sports and hula hooping. Pilates has provided the core strength to make all the other activities more safe and efficient therefore more enjoyable.